Sayings of Mother Gavrilia (+1992), #4
- Some of the sailors on a ship may quarrel and fight each other, but the ship sails on and reaches its destination. The same is true of the Church, because Christ Himself is at the helm.
- Love alone is enough to make a miracle happen. Neither prayer nor the Komboskini (prayer rope) have such power.
- Experience has taught me that no one can help anyone, no matter how strong his wish and love may be. Help comes only in the Hour of God, from the One.
- We must not take decisions on behalf of others. We should leave this to the Angels for they always find the best solution.
- How easy it is to go on a diet for the sake of one’s figure! And how difficult it is to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays because our Church ordains it…
- Every morning, when a new page is opened before us, let us sign on the blank paper, and let the Lord write down whatever He wills.
- Lock your door before praying.
- Unless you reach the point of despair, you cannot see the Light.
— From The Ascetic of Love by Nun Gavrilia