Sayings of Mother Gavrilia (+1992), #3
- What we say remains in eternity.
- Only those who act without true love face adversities.
- God loves your enemies as much as he loves you.
- If one can live in the world and yet not mix with it — just as the oil and water do not mix in a lamp — then he can live in God. He is in this world but not of this world.
- Only when we are still do we give the Angels an opportunity to do something.
- We must not “surrender” to His Will. This is what soldiers do. We, who are His Children, must offer Him our own will along with all our being — in whatever pitiful state we may be — and tell him: “Lord, take all my faults and imperfections and set them right”.
- The Grace of God comes when we raise our hand. It is Faith that draws God’s Grace to us. God is pouring down His Grace, but where is the hand reaching out to receive it? Instead, we are wearing hats or carrying umbrellas…
- We live in Vanity, and believe that this is life. How pitiable we are!
— From The Ascetic of Love by Nun Gavrilia